Welcome to the Highland Midwife's
Home Birth Services website!
Whether you are currently expecting a baby or planning for the future, here you will find information and many resources for learning more about pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, nutrition, and womens (& their families) health.
- raising the standards of care for mothers and babies -
I am Lorri Carr, a Direct-Entry Washington Licensed Midwife and Certified Professional Midwife, with experience that includes hospital births and clinical OB/GYN care. I am the only Licensed Midwife in Klickitat county, Washington, the only obstetrical care available in Goldendale, and as of 2013 I am the only licensed maternity care provider delivering babies in all of Klickitat county. In addition to complete prenatal care, home birth, and postpartum follow-up, I offer gentle and thorough gynecological care, nutritional analysis, and herbal remedies for my clients. I serve mothers from the Yakima Valley to the Columbia River Gorge into Oregon, with office appointments in The Dalles and Yakima.
My job is to make certain that you are healthy and well-informed as well as completely supported, and that your care not only meets but exceeds medical standards, so you can experience the incredible joy of birthing your baby comfortably in your own home.
If you are in the Tri-Cities area, you should contact one of the other midwives who serve that area.
My Schedule is filling fast! See details.
What can you find in my webpages?
Follow the links on the left to:
● Details of services that are offered to my clients, and what they cost
● Interactive maps showing my service area, and the office locations for me and other midwives
● Detailed information about myself and other midwives with whom I work
● News about events and offerings, like childbirth education classes
● Information about home birth; benefits, safety, research, and more
● Documents for clients to read or print, related to your pregnancy and birth
● Herbal tinctures that are available, all hand-prepared full-strength
● Links to valuable information, whether you birth at home or not
● My Guest Book, to post comments about your care (specify if it was with me!)
● A Blog, for discussion and community posts
● A Baby Counter of births I have done since starting private practice
● Search engines, to find information either on my site or on the web
● Contact info for both myself and my associates in the Yakima valley